Saturday, December 18, 2010

Rain


Well, I told you I had moved my Japanese Maples, or Acer palmatum plants, to a new location, but I never got to tell about it. I moved them to a new and more sunny place, but its not like that is going to help much anymore because we have rain. That's right. I don't have to water them that much anymore because they are getting rained on. A lot. The rain is nice because I don't have to worry about water plants that much and they can just grow on their own. Unfortunately, there is a problem with Fall that comes with the joys of rain. This problem is... leaves. There are two reasons why leaves make me made. Reason number 1 is that leaves on my Japanese Maples started to fall off. This makes my small little plants look like twigs sticking out of the ground. I feel like they all are dying! It makes me worry about the plants. The other problem is that leaves fall from other trees. We have a real big tree that is to the right of my Japanese Maples, and leaves start falling all over the place. Namely, inside the pots of my plants. My mom and I have spent a lot of time pulling leaves out of those pots and it is quite annoying. On other garden news, there are three very large vegetables that have been growing in our yard. My mom says that they are called Upo plants, or bottle gourds. These things are huge for any vegetable to ever grow in our garden and they scare me at how huge they are and how fast they grow. That's about all the amazing garden news for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment