Sunday, August 22, 2010

New Additions

Yesterday, I was able to get more Japanese Maples, or Acer palmatum, plants into my plant population. A couple of days ago, my family went on a trip to see our grandparents. My grandmother is also an great gardener, and when we told her that we were growing plants, she gave my sisters some succulants. Along with that, she found some pots that were the size that I used for my Japanese Maples, and gave me 15 of them, the size of one tray of seedlings. On the saturday after wecame back, I potted some more seedlings. I also had a 16th pot lying around the house, and I accidentally put a strawberry seedling in it instead of a Japanese Maple seedling. Along with being able to make another tray of seedlings, I also found out that my mother had potted some seedlings a long time ago, and my sister had taken them and put them in the shad
e. When I found out about this, I repotted them into larger pots. I know have about ten new additions to my set of maples that are outside of trays. On other news besides Japanese Maples, the chives are rapidly growing tall. Also, my older sister has been working on growing Mint plants, but she grew them from parts of roots, so she wasn't able to see if they were growing, but now, the first leaves are peeking out of the dirt. actually, that happened about a week ago. Right now, there are leaves popping out all over the place.


No comments:

Post a Comment